Oh hey there

Just need to chat with some dads on something broad enough to not go elsewhere? Then General is where you should be
Forum rules
1. This is an inclusive space
2. Be kind
3. No nudity
4. No violence
5. These rules will evolve as the forum grows and changes
TurdFerguson24

Oh hey there

Post by TurdFerguson24 »

I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring and start this off. I have been a part of this sub for six years and have laughed and cried at many a post. I would love to see this grow and continue.

Sooooooo….

What is something you are really wanting to do with your kid(s) this summer?

(I pity the fool that says potty training…Aka that’s me…for the 4th time…)

Focker out.
zataks
Kids/ages: 7M, 5M

Re: Oh hey there

Post by zataks »

Ten years ago (in the BC era) I did some commercial whitewater raft guiding and loved it. last summer, I rented a raft with a bunch of other folks and my kids (5, 7) loved it. So, I bought myself a raft. With the Sierra snowpack this year, everywhere is still too raging to take the kids out on and, honestly, a bit wild for me too.

I really want to get them out there again and had hoped to go a bunch this summer. Maybe I'll be able to go into the fall this year.

I also got my kids onto the PS4 a bit on the last couple months and I'd like to find another couch coop to play with them. Knack 2 has been good but they're getting bored of it. Yesterday, a dad recommended Minecraft Dungeons.
JoshStrummer

Re: Oh hey there

Post by JoshStrummer »

I want to hit some outdoor free family-friendly shows this year. An old bandmate of mine is playing at a free festival in a couple weeks that I'll try to hit. (Reggae music July 1st at Seward park in Seattle if anyone else is interested). Also, my daughter is pretty excited by animals at this point, so we'll be looking to do a zoo visit at some point.