Baby tomorrow

Terrified or uncertain of what you are getting into? Look here for advice and answers from seasoned dads.
Forum rules
1. This is an inclusive space
2. Be kind
3. No nudity
4. No violence
5. These rules will evolve as the forum grows and changes
calrinet

Baby tomorrow

Post by calrinet »

My wife's due date was Sunday the 11th. Today is Tuesday the 13th.

My wife was hoping the baby would be a little early but that wasn't in the cards. Honestly we've been "ready" for like 2 weeks now. We've been staying within 30 minutes of home/hospital in case it's all of a sudden "go time".

Because of all that readiness it's starting to get to her. Every day someone, either family or friends, says something like "when is that baby coming" or "you know, Monday would be really most convenient for me lol" (jokingly of course). But she feels like she's a disappointment. She knows she shouldn't feel like that but she's having a hard time with it.

She also has mixed feelings about getting induced. I think it makes her feel like a failure, like she couldn't do it naturally. But she is very ready to move on to the next step.

This isn't one of the things anyone mentioned about pregnancy. The baby might not come on time and everyone is going to pressure you even though there's almost nothing you can do about it.

Now that we're so close (she's getting induced Wednesday night) it's bit a huge problem anymore but the last two weeks (and last week especially) sucked. I just figure I'd mention it so other people can be aware this might happen.
zataks
Kids/ages: 7M, 5M

Re: Baby tomorrow

Post by zataks »

That's rough. I never considered other people making the comments. I do know that full term is 39 weeks to 40 weeks and 6 days and I don't think babies 'come on time' very often.

I hope it goes well.

The "staying within 30 minutes of the hospital" kind of made me chuckle. Our first, we were at a retirement dinner when her labor started. That was like 6pm. We didn't go to the hospital until almost midnight and kiddo wasn't born until 7pm...25hours after labor started.

Number 2 started at like 4 or 5 am, went to hospital at 7-8 at kid was born in evening.

You got this!
calrinet

Post by calrinet »

Yeah the within 30 minutes thing was my paranoia I suppose. You can tell it's my first.

We go into the hospital tonight so the show starts soonish.

Trying to prepare myself for a lot of hurry up and wait.
zataks
Kids/ages: 7M, 5M

Post by zataks »

Chargers, snacks, comfy change of clothes, toiletries, baby clothes, etc.

You got this.
StoplightRave
Kids/ages: 1F

Post by StoplightRave »

zataks wrote: 13 Jun 2023, 08:04 I do know that full term is 39 weeks to 40 weeks and 6 days and I don't think babies 'come on time' very often.
And that's just the average across all babies. If you look at first babies, it's closer to 41 weeks on average