Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Just need to chat with some dads on something broad enough to not go elsewhere? Then General is where you should be
Forum rules
1. This is an inclusive space
2. Be kind
3. No nudity
4. No violence
5. These rules will evolve as the forum grows and changes
zataks
Kids/ages: 7M, 5M

Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Post by zataks »

Hi Folks!

I'm zataks, a mod here at dadchat! Just saying hi and welcoming you to the forum.

z
JoshStrummer

Re: Your friendly neighborhood mod

Post by JoshStrummer »

Hey, I'm Josh. I'm a fairly recent member on daddit and came here to make sure I could stay a part of the community. I'm dad to an almost 17-mo old girl who is full of energy and who is learning new words every day. My wife and I are navigating the balance between two careers, and being fairly new to both homeownership and parenthood. It's a lot right now, but mostly it's good.
zataks

Post by zataks »

Welcome, Josh!

Careers, homeownership, and kids IS a lot. 17 months is right around when I started to enjoy being a dad. Keep it up, you got this.
Ventorro

Post by Ventorro »

Hello everyone! Dad to a 19months old- which comes with many ups and downs, but thoroughly treasuring this Dad journey.

Hopefully Reddit sort out their BS, but atleast we have this.
daegalus

Post by daegalus »

Hey all, I am a dad to a 16mo old, and I have another on the way! T-5months. I wanted to stay with this great community so I am joining everyone here.
TurdFerguson24

Post by TurdFerguson24 »

Greetings from MN. I’ve been on Daddit for like 6 years and now have 4 kids age 7 and under. I’m committed lol. Happy to be here or wherever fellow awesome dads are.
TurdFerguson24

Post by TurdFerguson24 »

JoshStrummer wrote: 10 Jun 2023, 17:41 Hey, I'm Josh. I'm a fairly recent member on daddit and came here to make sure I could stay a part of the community. I'm dad to an almost 17-mo old girl who is full of energy and who is learning new words every day. My wife and I are navigating the balance between two careers, and being fairly new to both homeownership and parenthood. It's a lot right now, but mostly it's good.
We have both been full time since the start and it’s crazy. Feels like we only have 4 hours per day with our kids (4 kids) and it sucks. Summer weekends help, but I honestly just want to be with my kids all the time. Well…most of the time. Sometimes I want to drink by a bonfire or play Skyrim, but you know, otherwise all of the time.
zataks

Post by zataks »

Welcome, folks! Im glad you're here!
Parsiuk

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Post by Parsiuk »

Hi all! Father of two daughters reporting in. Thank you for setting up the forum.
AZDad

Post by AZDad »

I'm Richard, dad to twin boys, ages 2.5 and a 5 year old daughter. Live in Phoenix, and loe being a dad. It's tough but the most worthwhile thing I've ever done.
zataks

Post by zataks »

Welcome, Parsiuk, AZDad!

Glad you found us.
Daddyco

Post by Daddyco »

Hi all, I'm Matt. Dad to an almost 6 year old little girl. I would be really great to have a good forum of dads going! If you need any help with it, my wife is a full time web developer and started in php and I'm in the process of a career change into development.
zataks

Post by zataks »

Hi Matt! Mike here.

Welcome! This is my first forum and 'real' web hosting. I've done a very tiny amount of free hosting but this is a paid hosting and domain I bought.

I'm interested in setting up a site maybe as a blog just so I can learn the dev process without using a web site builder. I know some Python and love SQL/data but most of the work our department does is low code/no code.
btothed03
Kids/ages: 9M, 7F, 2F

Post by btothed03 »

Hey All!

Father of three just introducting my self. I work in data analytics at fortune 500 company in the midwest and in my spare time I've recently started a blog about dad life. I'm constantly running all around town taking my kids to sporting events, practices and the likes.

HTTP://WWW.WHAT-THE-DAD.COM- feedback always welcome.
zataks

Post by zataks »

Welcome, B!

I've started blogging too, along with this forum. Only just started. I think it's more for a minor outlet as I used to write frequently but haven't in years.

Https://blog.dadchat.info
btothed03
Kids/ages: 9M, 7F, 2F

Post by btothed03 »

zataks wrote: 16 Jul 2023, 11:12 Welcome, B!

I've started blogging too, along with this forum. Only just started. I think it's more for a minor outlet as I used to write frequently but haven't in years.

Https://blog.dadchat.info
Whats your overall goal for the blog, any desire for monetization?
zataks

Post by zataks »

btothed03 wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 08:12
Whats your overall goal for the blog, any desire for monetization?
Honestly, I just want a bigger community here because I prefer not to go to Reddit any more for my dad related interwebbing. And, as mentioned, I used to write frequently as it helps me process things. I stopped for a long time and I think it's probably better for my well-being if I continue it. So I thought I'd give it a try.

I've also never hosted anything before. So, in starting this forum, I bought web hosting and wanted to play around so am trying to learn a bit of HTML and CSS.

Are you using an LLM tool for creating content? You're incredibly prolific
alexdobrenko
Kids/ages: 2M

Post by alexdobrenko »

hey yall - Alex here, dad to a 2yo -- tbh I posted a piece to r/dadit that was removed bc it had links at the bottom and it made me realize I need to be more active in the sub (I usually just read the posts)

and then I found my way here so hello.

dad to a 2yo currently next to me watching TV and admiring his toenails which my wife painted yesterday yellow and purple lol
zataks

Post by zataks »

Welcome Alex!

I try to be pretty quick on removed posts from legit accounts but I crushed a finger Friday and have been in the hospital since so haven't done anything on Reddit .

Painted nails are fun. I used to paint mine when I was white water raft guiding.

I'm getting discharged soon and saw there are ten new episodes of Bluey so that's what I'm watching with my kiddos tonight.